The estate is located in the municipality of San Vicente de Alcantara, Badajoz, Extremadura, Spain.
At a distance of 368 Km from Madrid, 276 Km from Lisbon, 270 Km from Sevilla and 56 Km from Badajoz.
The general road goes to the same entrances and the interior lanes are in perfect condition.
The farms have water, electricity and telephones facilities.
The estate has a Surface of around 1,600 hectares.
The estate (which means land covered with oaks and cork oaks, mainly for the Iberian pig breeding) it is formed by two estates.
They both have a soft wavy profile and are covered by a large oak forest, free of weeds and with exceptionals pastures.
They are almost entirely fenced by a Stone Wall of great beauty.
All fences inside the estate have their own ponds for livestock.
They are ideal farms for all types of livestock for their magnificent facilities and the quantity and quality of their pastures and acorns.
It is difficult to find such a beautiful estate with so much water, magnificent facilities, and excellent Iberian pig livestock, selectec over the years, with a quality recognized by the best Spanish farmers and producer of the unique Iberian ham,currently in process of great expansión.
- The main activity is the Iberian pig, this estate produces of the Iberian ham recognized worldwide. The numbree of Iberian pig heads at this moment is 450 mothers.
- The pastures and facilities are leased for some 3,000 sheeps and 150 cows
- Another activity that can also be developed is hunting as the estate is located in the foothills of the Sierra de San Pedro and border on two large hunting estates of great Prestige; separated from them y hunting mesh. It is, without doubt, an ideal area for the practice of hunting; deer and boar both in Hunt and in stalking.
- Currently it is a smallgame preserve and the main hunting species are the Wood pigeon and the turtledove.
Hydrography: There are two swamps:
- One called “Orchad´s Swamp” use for the cattle and for the irrigation of the orchard that is located behind the spillway.
- Another one called “San Alvaro´s Swamp” which is larger than the previous one and used to supply water to some livestock facilities and for the irrigation of two adjacent patches.
The retainig walls of the two swamps are made of Stone blocks which made them available for walking and fishing; fish species: black-bass, carp and tench.
Buildings of the estate:
- It is in perfect condition.
- With: hall, two living romos, main dining room, children´s dining room, office, kitchen, pantry, cellar (basement), porch, 10 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, kitchen and attic (upper floor).
- Separated from the main house. It has an altar with altarpice of the Virgin, sacristy, wooden benches made on the farm and choir (2nd floor).
- It is located in the back of the main house together with a house for the service staff and the woodshed.
Other facilities on the South back of the main house:
- Hayloft, stable for horses, cow shed, garaje, office, lockers, lockmith and home of the house of the keepers.
- At about 600 mts., of the main house is the town of the Virgin of the Mountain (“La Rosita”), composed of 12 semi-detached houses (currently there are several unoccupied). There are also two semi-detached houses at “The Orchad Swamp”. All the houses have electricity and water supply, in addition to two tanks.
- There is the feed Factory with all the necessary elements ( distributors, conveyors, feeders, silos, etc) for the production of feed, both granulated and in flour.
- Located in a beautiful área surrounded by centuries-old oaks at the present moment it is divided in two houses for workers.
- Bovine; at the central part of the farm there are facilities that cover all the needs for the management of this livestock.
- Sheep: there are 3 large sheepfold: two near the main house and one in the upper part of the farm. All in perfect condition and in use today by the tenants of pastures for sheeps and cows.
- Porcine: Breeding for the supply of the two farms.