The estate is located in the municipal district of Santiesteban del Puerto and Navas de San Juan in Andalusia Región (Jaén).
It is located in the Heart of Sierra Morena, known as “Comarca del Condado” (Country´s Región). It is included in the Community Interested Area of “Cuencas del Rumblar (Rumblar basin), Guadalén and Guadalmena”.
Santiesteban (Jaén) is 30 Km from Andalusia Autovía, A4.
Distances from Santiesteban (Jaén):
Madrid: 290 Km.
Sevilla: 296 Km.
Granada: 200 Km.
Córdoba: 175 Km.
Jaén: 102 Km.
2,000 hectares plot in the heart of Sierra Morena, crossed by the River Guadalén and inhabited by the best species of big game hunting and small game hunting.
River Guadalén, a great affluent of River Guadalquivir, goes through the plot from East to West.
The estate is spread in three main areas:
- Los Llanos.
- River Guadalén.
- Holm-Oak Woodland in the area of Tiesas.
Andalusia is one of the warmest regions in Europe. Its mild Mediterranean climate is manifested with dry and hot summers and, mild temperaturas and sunny spells during the rest of the year. The anual average top temperatura in Santiesteban is 22º C and the average low temperatura is 11ºC. Stands out its luminosity due to the large number of hours of sun during the year. Only occasionally might snow.
The prevaling vegetation consists of Holm-Oaks, rose tres and some Mirbeck´s oak in higher altitude areas. In Bush areas there are, wild olive trees and rose trees. In the river shore, there is a riverbank forests with a large number of oleanders.
In this plot we can find a clear example of typical plant population that belongs to the Mediterranean forest.
Holm-Oak Woodland: with trees in different density and brushes such as mastik, rose tree, and strawberry tree.
Other Mediterranean brushes: heat, retama, rose trees, thyme and Rosemary. Mediterranean pasture: true grasses and bean family plants are dominant.
The Holm-Oak Woodland area of Tiesas, larger tan 600 hectares, provides a great production of acorn.
The hunting use of the estate make us enphasize mammal species from Mediterranean nature such as the wild boar, deer, fallow deer, mouflon, fox, rabbit and hare.
Bird species as red-legged partridge, common wood pidgeon, true thrush, magpie, European turtle Dove, mallard and northen lapwing, can also be hunted.
An unique environment where is easy to be surrounded by big species of big game hunting such as deer, fallow deer, mouflon and wild boar, and small game hunting such as partridge and rabbit.
Limits and Surface:
Santiesteban borders with surrounding plots:
- North: “Dehesa del Toconar” y “El Salvador”.
- South: Borders with the River Montizón.
- East: “Ollanco stream”.
- West: “Dehesa de Carnicera”.
The estate is enclosed for the practice of big game hunting, being an established hunting area in Andalusia and Spain. The main use of this plot is hunting.
The private property, in all its extensión, isn´t affected by any easement of way, drovers´road, public path, etc.
Santiesteban is fenced all along its perimeter with wire mesh, and inside the plot there are constructions like the main house (recently built and decorated), the land keeper house, the trophy room, barns and livestock infraestructures.
The plot is situated on the hillside of Sierra Morena. Its Surface is formed by small hills and plains with an average altitude of 500 m. The highest altitude point is 634 m and is situated in the East of the plot, and the lowest is 400 m having several points at such altitude around the plot.
Rivers and Streams:
The streams crossing the plot have intermittent flow. The most important rivers are River Guadalén which crosses the plot from East to West, and the River Montizón which serves as natural border for the south of the plot. Both belong to Guadalquivir basin, and flow into Guadalén Reservoir. The plot includes 4 reservoirs.
The property hss two accesses, one from Navas de San Juan (Tiersas) and the other from Santiesteban del Puerto.
Currently, Santiesteban has the next infraestructures:
- More than 13,000 metres of firewall constructed with 8 m height.
- More than 50,000 metres of 4 m wide paths to Access or walk around the estate.
- Paths with fords.
- Dirt paths are subject to a perfect conservation and maintenance, easing the access to every part of hills, woodcutting, hunting, and forestry work, surveillance and control. Its maintenance is yearly to ease the transit of vehicles through the property.
- 4 pools. The plot has different water points for use during the summertime, 3 natural clay pools and 1 made of concrete.
- A bridge higher than 70 m, which gives Access to every point of the plot, including during the months of higher rainfall.
- Security cabin.
- Livestock mesh.
- Electrecity in the whole property.
Regarding to the existing buildings in the plot, we emphasize three main building blocks:
1.- Main house.
2. Barns, general facilities and other living areas.
3.- Houses in Tiesas area.
1.- Main house:
- for the owner´s use, 1,200sqm built shared between 1st floor, basement and parking.
- Distribution: Hall with landing, toilet and gun rack. Ample lounge with dining and living area. Six en-suite bedrooms with dressing room. Fully equipped kitchen, office, pantry and utility room. Servant quarters with bathroom.
- Large outdoor porch with covered and uncovered areas.
- Underground electric light for environmental and aesthetic reasons.
- The wáter sounding guarantees the use of water and maintenance of the plot.
- Under floor heating.
2. Barns, general facilities and other living areas:
- House keeper dwelling.
- Guard dwelling.
- Trophy rooms.
- Barns and livestock facilities.
- Cold-storage chamber.
3.- Tiesas´s area Houses:
- Two detached houses, one is occupied all year long, and the othes is in use.
Hunting and Fishing:
Hunting has become an activity of unique importance. Its sportive and leisure quality have increase the number of people interested on hunting in the last few years and in future.
Currently, the whole plot is fenced and prepared for big game hunting and small game hunting. Stands out the large quantity of species and hunting activities of great impact in the last few years.
The main hunting exploitation is big game hunting and the secondary is small game hunting.
It is also a unique region when it comes to fishing, with species such as carps, black bass and barbell.