▪ The estate is located in the middle of the extraordinary beauty region, naturally formed by the Alcudia Valley and Sierra Morena in the province of Ciudad Real (Castilla-La Mancha region). The estate is without any doubt one of the more outstanding estate in this region with incredible fauna and flora resources.
It is just 35km far from the AVE (High Speed Train) station of Puerto Llano. AVE from Puerto Llano to Madrid takes just one hour which means you are just one and a half hour far from Madrid.
It is an estate with defined boundaries, its perimeter encloses 2,071 Ha totally fenced with a trails network of 76 km.
From the vegetation point of view, the estate can be divided in two areas.
➢ Cork Oak – Strawberry Trees Forest:
This area is located in the southeast and southwest side of the estate in the shady side of the mountains with a high forestation density. The vegetation you find in this area is very diverse;
▪ Trees: Cork oak, Gall oak, Holm oak, Straberry tree, Wild olive tree and Maple
▪ Shrubs: Heather, False olive, Rosemary, Myrtle, Rockrose, Thorny broom etc.
➢ The Dehesa:
▪ The most common tree species in this area is the Holm oak and there are also Coark oaks and Gall oaks.
▪ Water supply:
The estate belongs in its whole to the “Cuenca Hidrográfica del Guadiana” (the watershed of Guadiana) and it has several brooks and streams. In the confluence of the two of these there has been formed a lagoon with plenty of water for the venery and the cattle. At the same time, it works as a point gathering for the fire fighting against forest fires.
The estate has a water deposit of 200,000 L to provide water to all the houses and animal shelters as well as another deposit of 100.000L in the mountain area near a small house and several springs scattered around the Dehesa.
There are also 20 pools homogeneously spread around the exploitation for the purpose of the cattle and game.
▪ Old House with ample spaces, living rooms, entrance hall, spacious dining room (100-200 people) is furnished and with two grand chimneys.
▪ House with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms with phone and internet.
▪ Several small houses.
▪ Several warehouses.
▪ Garage for up to 10-15 cars
▪ The Cork:
Last peeling in the estate took place the summer of 2011 so next harvest should take place in the summer of 2021. The estate used to have just one harvesting but the “Plan de Ordenacion Forestal” recently approved a second one has been also approved.
▪ The Hunting:
The most common species are Deer and Boar, having achieved excellent results in the last few years in both quality and quantity.
Big game is the main exploitation but there is also the possibility of small game exploitation with Hare, Rabbits, Fox, Partridge, Pigeon, Magpie and Mallard.
▪ The Livestock:
The estate has extraordinary quality pastures in the “Dehesa” area which are perfect for the development of ovine and bovine cattle.
A total of 913 ha are dedicated for this purpose with 2,500 sheeps and 50 cows. The cattle are adequately separated from the game by proper cattle fencing.